TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE FORUM:
Business for the 21st Century
WSU Student Center Building
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Student Center Building
5221 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202
The Southeast Michigan Sustainable Business Forum invites your participation in a daylong workshop on sustainable business practices and triple-bottom-line (People-Profit-Planet) business strategies! This event will see the congregation of Southeast Michigan’s business leaders come together to explore modern issues of business sustainability. Not only will this provide great networking, but the workshop will include plenary sessions and three breakout tracks.
Our keynote speaker, Dr. Stuart L. Hart, the S.C. Johnson Chair Emeritus in Sustainable Global Enterprise and Professor Emeritus of Management at Cornell University’s Johnson Graduate School of Management. Dr. Hart is one of the world’s top authorities on the implications of environment and poverty for business strategy. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, he is “one of the founding fathers of the ‘base of the pyramid’ economic theory.” His 1995 article “A Natural Resource-Based View of the Firm” is the most highly cited academic work in the field of sustainable enterprise. In addition, he wrote the seminal article “Beyond Greening: Strategies for a Sustainable World,” which won the McKinsey Award for Best Article in Harvard Business Review in 1997, and helped launch the movement for corporate sustainability. With C.K. Prahalad, Hart also wrote the path-breaking 2002 article “The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid,” which provided the first articulation of how business could profitably serve the needs of the four billion poor in the developing world. With Ted London, Hart is also the author of a newly released book entitled Next Generation Business Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid. His best-selling book, Capitalism at the Crossroads, published in 2005, was selected by Cambridge University as one of the 50 top books on sustainability of all-time.
The break out tracks will be built around the three bottom lines of people, planet, and profit.
- People: Business Leadership, Assessments, Ownership Models, Self Awareness, Community Engagement, and more!
- Planet: Circular Economy, Green Chemistry, Life Cycle Assessments, Systems Thinking, and more!
- Profit: Efficiency, Quality Systems, Energy/Waste/Water, Technology, and much more!!
A “vendor mall” will feature small local businesses that are creating triple-bottom-line value. The event will include breakfast foods and lunch. Sign up today and lock in your commitment to sustainable business in Southeast Michigan!!
Triple Bottom Line Forum - Begins in
Interested in Sponsoring Our Event?
This day long event was designed to attract an audience of decision-makers in sustainability arena, primarily from across Michigan. We encourage participation from a range of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, banking, finance, insurance, health care and governmental sectors. Sponsorships provide valuable visibility and networking opportunities.
- Mahogany Level Sponsorship – $1,000
- Receive 4 Tickets to the Event, Logo Placement on the Website, at the Event, in E-Mail Blasts and in Print Materials. Also includes a Vendor Table.
- Maple Level Sponsorship – $500
- Receive 3 Tickets to the Event, Logo Placement on the Website, at the Event, in E-Mail Blasts and in Print Materials.
- Ash Level Sponsorship – $250
- Receive 2 Tickets to the Event, Logo Placement on the Website, at the Event and in E-Mail Blasts.
- Pine Level Sponsorship – $100
- Receive 1 Ticket to the Event, Logo Placement on the Website and at the Event.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and event attendees! Without the support of our sponsors, the Southeast Michigan Sustainable Business Forum could not exist.